Angel lights, also called fairy lights, string lights or seed lights, are a wonderful way to liven up a space. Most people store their angel lights and only bring them out during the holiday season. But fairy lights are far more versatile than most people think. Their unique and delicate look makes them great for everyday décor, year-round lighting, and even some unconventional methods.
Using Angel Lights in the Home
- Make a DIY Canopy. If you are looking for a creative way to display angel lights in your bedroom, consider making a DIY canopy. Drape tulle above your bed and secure it to the ceiling or bedposts. Then add angel lights to the tulle. The result is a romantic and inviting canopy.
- Embellish wall decor. Another fun way to use fairy lights in your home is to add them to wall decor. Embellish hanging canvas or window frames for a delicate display.
- Brighten up a boring space. You can also use fairy lights to turn a boring area of a room into an alluring space. For example, hang them above a lounge chair or work desk to create a cozy environment instantly.
Using Angel Lights Outside the Home
- Create an area to relax. Swinging in a hammock under the trees is a relaxing thought. Add a strand of fairy lights to make the area even more calming.
- Make chandelier. A chandelier made of angel lights can turn your backyard into an enchanting actuary.
- Light up your trees. If you really love the look of angel lights, why not use them to light up your entire backyard? Wrap them around everything from your bushes to your trees.
Selecting Angel Lights
There are various types of fairy lights. Here are a few things to consider when making a purchase.
#1 Pay attention to where the lights are designed to be displayed.
If you are planning to use them in your patio or garden, be sure to purchase outdoor angel lights. These are weatherproof, waterproof, and suitable for exterior environments.
#2 Choose the right bulb for your project.
Different light options include LED, 12V, and 24V. It is also a good idea to choose the size and shape of the bulb. Small bulbs create a Christmas-light look and are good for year-round use. Larger bulbs are more common on party lights and summer string lights.
#3 Choose a color that works with the style of your design.
Finally, you can choose between white, amber, blue, green, pink, purple, red and many other colors.
Have you created a project using angel lights?
Have you used angel lights to light up and transform an area? We would love to see them. Share your creative touches on social media and be sure to tag @dekraliteinc. Don’t forget to use the hashtag, #ElfinAround for a chance to be featured.