Your face drips with the slightly sweaty glow of a holiday season well done. As you begin to take down the décor, you reflect on displays that brought so much joy – and revenue- to you and your customers. As the decorations come down and you start to review everything, you realize something. There’s still a lot of work to be done. That’s because you have entered the refurbishing phase.
The refurbishing phase, what we sometimes call “refurb” for short, can be an extremely complicated process; but it is a critical one.
What is the refurbishing phase?
The refurbishing phase is the time in between holiday seasons. During this period, you take stock of your decorative materials, store them properly, and identify what needs replacing, or “freshening up.” It also includes various other tasks that ensure that you ready for the holiday season.
Christmas comes faster than you think.
Customers will notice if the decor is old or damaged, and it will reflect poorly on your business. It’s best to begin early in the year so that you have plenty of time to order matching decor and ornamentation.
To give you an idea of how much work is required during the refurb phase, here is the checklist that Dekra-Lite completes for each client when the holiday season ends.
- Inspect all decorations and other elements to verify that we are meeting complete customer satisfaction.
- Replace all broken ornaments.
- Replace all bad light strands.
- Reprint any damaged banners or graphics as necessary.
- Package any existing decor with bubble wrap or blue foam blankets to make sure decor doesn’t get damaged.
- Store the decorations in the proper crates, pallets, containers, and carts to avoid damage.
- Weld any metal and aluminum frames as necessary.
- Replace any missing components that don’t return after removal.
- Personalized customer consultation on how to replace any decor that looks very old or faded that is no longer under warranty.
These are just a few of the essential elements of refurbishment that, if done well, will keep your holiday decor products looking fresh every year. If this sounds like a lot of work, then please feel free to call us at 1-800-436-3627 We can help you with all of your Christmas decorating needs from design to refurb!